Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Happy 2012 - The Secret Word Is ...

I just went over to Jynx's blog and she spoke of a focus word or theme for the year.  It sounded like a pretty cool idea, and as I read through her list of possible words, one simple word popped into my mind:  abundant.  One of G-d's basic promises is that He came that we might have life and have it more abundantly.  But what does that mean?  How does abundant life differ from the life we live every day?  How can I experience His abundance?  How can this become a way of life, independent from circumstances?  What does abudant family life mean?  What would an abundant work life be like?  How about abundant physical life?  There are so many aspects to abundance - what would my life be like if I fully claimed the abundant life promised? 

1 comment:

Jynx said...

Hey, very cool! It's nice to know that someone else will be trying this journey with me. I've heard of some of the things that the class prompts you to do to really ponder and apply the "one word". Things like doing a "word" board with quotes about your word. Or a writing exercise focusing on your word. I don't know if it's even necessary to do all of those things, but even asking the questions and PONDERING the word can make a huge difference.

ABUNDANT. Such a great one. And I love the content of your questions. Thought provoking. How DOES abundant life differ from our every day lives? How can it be independent from circumstances? Hmmm... now I'm going to have to think some more! =)

I can't wait to see your updates to see how this is going - if you decide to do it for the year. If not, any post from you is always good! =)

Happy New Year! =)