Monday, August 30, 2010

Bumming ...

Ever have one of those weeks (?) where you're convinced you suck at everything? Been kind of in that mood lately. Yeah, I know, it's not true. I'm not that clincally depressed, but still ...lately ....? Anyway, we went to a school function, details don't really matter. What matters is that my kids stuck with my husband and I throughout the whole thing. This was the first time they've seen their classmates since summer. My older girl claimed it was because her good friends weren't there, but still ... her group has been getting smaller, and she hasn't done much to bond with the other kids in her class. One girl had been her best friend when they were younger, but now Sarah claims that they don't have anything in common. Kind of breaks my heart. My husband mentioned his concern that our anti-social behavior is rubbing off on the kids, that it's our fault. Gee, thanks. I dunno. High school was something to survive for me. I just kind of hoped it would be different for my kids. Maybe it's the same for everyone, I don't know. But it feels like I've failed my kids somehow right now.

1 comment:

Jynx said...

Ugh... yeah, I've TOTALLY had one of those weeks... months... even a two-year span where I was convinced that I suck(ed) at everything. I HATE that feeling and wish I could tell you how to pull out of it. Some will say, "you just have to make up your mind otherwise"... but that's sorta BS. Sadly, I don't think there's a verbal solution.

I wouldn't worry that you're anti-social and that it's rubbing off onto your girls. (OR that you've failed your kids somehow.) We all go through phases. They just changed schools, right? Sometimes it takes a bit to get into a "fit" in a new school.

You once told me that things come in cycles and you just have to ride out the bad to get back to the good. Hang in there. If it's anything, I think you're awesome. =)