Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Dream a Little Dream

Had a really weird dream last night - I dreamed that some old, grey haired guy kept trying to steal my cell phone. By the third time he tried to take it (while I was talking on it, no less), I had had enough and chased him down and started pummelling him. I was more upset that my hitting him seemed to have no effect on him than I was that he had taken the phone in the first place. Oh, one final detail - the phone was pink.

Weird, right? Especially since I don't tend to remember my dreams. But wait, it gets weirder. A friend looked up what it could mean. Here's what she found (verbatim):

The old man denotes the masculine side of yourself. The phone represents your communication and relationship to self and others. Pink is your feminine side and also health and good feelings.
So... the masculine side of yourself is trying to over take your feminine side. You may be trying to be more in touch with your femininity, to be healthy and happy? ... and the old fat guy keeps butting in?

The funny thing is that I've been struggling at work, mainly because I don't really like going into work. I mean, I love my life outside of work, it's just that to get what I want outside of work, I have to go there. And I hate going there. And it takes too much time away from what I want to be doing. Think my subconscious is trying to tell me something?

1 comment:

Jynx said...

Hey - first things first... I LOVE your new layout! (Design, colors, etc.) Very good choice!

Next, funny "little" dream. And WAY interesting interpretation!

I gotta admit, just the visual of you pummelling a fat, old grey-haired guy over a pink cell phone sends me into fits of hysterical laughter! =P!

I definitely think your subconscious is trying to tell you something. And I still think that you should consider alternative career options because life is too short to dislike the place wherein you spend at least 9 hours of every day. Of course, I'm not one to really talk because I'm not in the career I'd "drather" be in either... *shrug* =P~