Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Things That Make Me Smile



My daughter got me a little figurine for Mother's Day that says "I've found my happy place." (Yes, it's kind of based on the line from Cheers, and yes, that really is a picture of me .... sorry). Anyways, in honor of Mother's Day, here's my immediate list of things that make me happy:

  1. A new episode of Lost (yay Tuesdays)
  2. My girls winning their soccer game (bonus points if they played well)
  3. A cool, fall-like day when all I have to do is read
  4. A new book that I get into from page 1
  5. Key Lime Pie Martinis from PF Chang's
  6. A clean house (somewhat lame, but there you are)
  7. A new Doctor Who episode
  8. Seeing the curtain rise on a new Broadway show
  9. Getting a book signed by one of your favorite authors
  10. Introducing a friend to a good book

So what makes you happy?

2 comments:

Jynx said...

Wow... I love this post. Thanks for posting it! I've been having a rough go of things lately and I've been really low. After reading this, it made me realize that it would help if I made a list of things that make me smile - or make me happy. I'm going to think about it and do a post in my blog (with credits to you, of course).

Your list is great. While I'm not a drinker, the Key Lime Pie Martinis from PF Chang's sound divine! And I love a clean house too - not lame to me.

Great pic... somehow, I always imagined you with much darker hair. But your color suits you! =)

hftr said...

I actually did have darker hair when I was younger ... ahem. Actually, this is from Ireland, and we had spent a bunch of time out in the sun, so it's lighter than it usually is. I have some shots that make me look blond (a really ugly blond, but blond nonetheless).