Thursday, May 21, 2009

Things Only a Pirates Fan Would Say

Several thoughts came to mind as I was looking at the baseball standings last night ... things that a Red Sox fan would never think.
1. Wow, look, we're no longer in last place.
2. Whoo hooo! We're only 2 games under 500!
3. Can we play the Nats every night?
4. (and speaking of the Nats) Wow, I thought we sucked. Nice to know we're aren't the worst team in baseball
5. (followed quickly by) Gee, I hope this doesn't screw up our draft pick next year.

Sometimes it's fun to be a Pirates fan.

3 comments:

Jynx said...

LOL! Okay, I SOOO can't relate to this post in any way, shape or form. BUT, I think it's cool that you're into a team. =) May the force be with them as they make their way through the 8 gazillion games they play this year. =P~

Jynx said...

Oh - and, my indirect commentary in that last sentence of my post isn't a snide snap at you... I just don't get why they have to play so many games?!? =P~

hftr said...

Trust me, when you're a Pirates fan, the season is usually over by Memorial Day. After that, it's just a matter of seeing how bad the year is and how good of a draft pick you'll get. Oh, and seeing who gets traded away at the trade deadline. But hey, at least there's the Pens.