Monday, May 18, 2009

It's Getting Better All The Time ...

Getting out of my funk a bit - thanks, Jynx, for the kind words. Starting again to try to balance life a bit better. This weekend, we went to the local Greekfest, which was well worth the time (as for the calories ....). The primary motivation was the food. We had gyros (both girls love lamb sandwiches, believe it or not), the flaming cheese (and darned if I can remember how to spell the real word for it), and way too much syrupy, deep fried goodness. And to think we almost didn't go because I was feeling lazy. Let that be a lesson for you: never let laziness get in the way of good food.

Oh, by the way, did I mention I'm starting my diet (again, some more) today?

2 comments:

Jynx said...

YAY! And you're welcome anytime. =) Wow, the Greekfest sounds awesome. I love Greek food and stuff. Now I'm jealous. At least you were able to indulge and enjoy for a bit!

GOOD LUCK on the diet... I'm actually going to make an effort starting today as well. I have a few pounds I'd like to lose.

Maybe we can motivate each other with check-ins now and again... ??? Just a thought. =)

hftr said...

Heh, my motivation was a quart of Bruster's Peanut Butter Parfait ice cream last night. Oh well, tomorrow is another day ...