Saturday, June 05, 2010

Weighty Matters

All my life I've been ... large. Then, in my late 20's, I discovered biking. Riding 2 hours a night did wonders for my weight. After a summer of biking, I was, well, buff. Then life intervened, I stopped biking, and 2 kids and 15 years later, I'm bigger than I've ever been. Depressing stuff. Being an emotional eater, you can just imagine how helpful my response has been. Anyway, going to use the blog to try something different. On the advise of Deadspin (yeah, the sports web page), I'm going to use this to try to embarrass myself into better behavior.

Beginning Weight: XX1.6 (hey, I'm not THAT into public humiliation - see Pride entry)
Current Weight: XX1.6 (Duh, I just started today)
Good Stuff I've done:
Bad Stuff I've done:

We'll see if this is any more successful than anything else I've tried.

2 comments:

Jynx said...

OKAY!!! I'm in on this!!! I can totally do it too. How do you feel about a "buddy"? I desperately need to lose some lbs and think this could totally be helpful. You inspire me! =) Go, girl!!!

hftr said...

Hey, the more the merrier. Nothing I've done lately has had any lasting effects. My concern is that I'm eating myself to a heart-attack (I don't have the greatest family history), and I'm just tired of feeling worn out all the time.