Sunday, June 06, 2010

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Quick post as a way of procrastinating cleaning the house. I had a long talk with my older daughter today, which brought back live and in color just how much high school (well, middle school actually, but the same idea) sucks. Nothing major, just the typical fears, but I have to say you couldn't pay me to go back to that era of my life. I don't care who you are, it just seems like it's destined to be an angst-filled dung heap (big concern is that two of her best friends probably won't be back next year). You always hope as a parent you can help your kids avoid the trauma you went through in school, but it's just part of growing up. You can see it coming, but there's not much you can do. They have to live through it all, just like you did.

Anyway, in re to my weigh in...

Currently at XX0, down 1.6 in water weight (but I'll take it). Good stuff is that I was at a picnic and didn't overeat (yay me). Bad stuff is that I didn't exercise and had a bag of cookies after 6pm. All-in-all, I'll take it. But dang, am I hungry right now.

1 comment:

Jynx said...

Wow. See, I LOVED HS. If I could go back and relive that part of my life in continuum, I TOTALLY would. I'm not saying it wasn't angst ridden, but I'm struggling right now and HS seems WAY easier, considering. =)

CONGRATS on your weigh-in. It was only a couple of days so I'm impressed. I probably won't start journaling my progress (?) for another few days. They've blocked me from Blogger at work now. (All personal sites.) So I have to post from home and some nights I just can't get online...

I AM going to keep my eye out for you. Keep up the good work!